Lockdown Nov 20, what are you doing ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: Lockdown Nov 20, what are you doing ?

Post by gremlin »

And is that the Welsh Assembly's idea of a joke? Pubs can open, but only 'til 6pm and not be allowed to serve alcohol?

FFS. :eh:

I actually feel sorry for the Taffies. That's just torture.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:20 pm And is that the Welsh Assembly's idea of a joke? Pubs can open, but only 'til 6pm and not be allowed to serve alcohol?

FFS. :eh:

I actually feel sorry for the Taffies. That's just torture.
But they're Welsh. Who cares ? ;)
cheb

Post by cheb »

Is there still a strong temperance movement in Wales? Back in the 1960's AIUI there were dry places that you could only drink alcohol at a private party.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:56 pm ~580 per 100,000.

That's high. They're talking 200-400 sorta scale here and we're having lockdowns etc. although its sometimes a little hard to know if they mean peak or new or average or what.
It's 0.58%... & it's 99.95% survivable for under 50's & 99.75% for 50-70... so one person is going to die... The main issue here is both the County & the State are counting ALL cases since the beginning as current cases & that's just flat out bullshit. Especially when they are basing lockdowns etc on that bogus number.

The shit has just hit the fan here about the schools being closed. In Calizuela there have been TWO deaths under the age of 18, in NY there hasn't been one (nationwide it's about 130). It's now come out that now only did the experts KNOW it was wrong to close the schools, but they knew it months ago & still didn't speak up about it being completely safe to reopen schools... The one person who said to reopen them back in July was Trump.. & he was pilloried in the media for it. Now the media is trying to downplay him being right & the experts getting it wrong so they don't look like the assholes they are.

Pub in NY just declared itself an autonomous zone & has told Cuomo & DeBolshevik to fuck off.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:59 am Anyone taking up something new for this one ? Got an active project in the shed ? Or maybe even in the garage ? A hobby you're going to try ? Lego you're going to build ?

For me, it's the start of a new race series on Zwift tonight, which i want to do better than last time. Along with getting some jumping mojo back on the MTB.

The XSR900 is hoping to get a last farewell tomorrow if it dries as predicted, it'll then be cleaned and covered for winter before being unleashed on the world in March/April again :)
Bear in mind.... this thread was more about hobbies, activities, things you're doing, rather than "lets all rant about Lockdown"
cheb

Post by cheb »

But that's one of the new hobbies I've started since lockdown.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:34 pm
Bear in mind.... this thread was more about hobbies, activities, things you're doing, rather than "lets all rant about Lockdown"
I've been busy learning new ways of smuggling friends into my house unobserved. :thumbsup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

gremlin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm
I've been busy learning new ways of smuggling friends into my house unobserved. :thumbsup:
There's lovely.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm
You have friends ?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:43 pm
You have friends ?
Had to dump the chubsters. Too hard to smuggle in.

Midgets are easiest, but they tend to turn up in groups seven, whistling and carrying hand tools.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Well I've been enjoying motorbikes again. Today saw me scrubbing the wheels of my SH300 with alloy wheel cleaner and washing it all down until my hands were numb with cold. Then I was checking the electrics out on my NCX and I'm looking forward to putting its moody akra on this Thursday. Plus I've been sorting out all manner of old bike bits and putting them up for sale. I suppose I've got a bit of my biking MoJo back again?
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

gremlin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm I've been busy learning new ways of smuggling friends into my house unobserved. :thumbsup:
Putting stuff up your arse without anyone noticing? :wtf:

Or am I reading it wrong? :|
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Looks like more cities ready to tell LA County to go fuck themselves...
WHITTIER, Calif. - Several city officials within Los Angeles County have expressed interest in creating an independent health department. The pushback comes as LA County health officials made the call to suspend outdoor dining for at least three weeks.

Last week, officials with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health were unable to provide any of their own data or evidence in support of their order to restrict all in-person dining at restaurants.

According to LA County’s revised health order, the protocol has been updated "to limit restaurants, other food facilities, and breweries and wineries to provide food and beverage service via delivery, drive-thru or carry out only."
The health order states any service of food beverage and/or alcohol that involves a customer sitting or remaining onsite indoors or outdoors is prohibited. "Safety is the most important part. I don’t want anyone in my family to get sick. I don’t want the county to get out of control making rules either," said West Covina resident Jwlyous Golden.

West Covina Mayor Tony Wu plans to introduce a proposal at Tuesday’s City Council meeting to discuss creating the city’s own health department. Mayor Wu is also considering the idea of a regional health department to include the neighboring cities of Glendora, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Irwindale, Covina, Walnut and Industry.
"I’m with the mayor because I think that everyone should be able to make a living. I think the fact that even the governor is doing the opposite of what he says, I think they deserve to make a living," said West Covina resident Adrian Mejia who worries more businesses will permanently close. "My partners and I definitely support Mayor Wu in having that local control. We feel we’re far enough outside from downtown LA that we should not be under the same guidelines," said Douglas Fore who owns three restaurants in West Covina.
Other cities within Los Angeles County considering a similar approach include Lancaster, Beverly Hills and Whittier.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've started to teach my cat to read:

slowsider

Post by slowsider »

cheb wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:41 am I've started to teach my cat to read:

Or maybe your cat has started to teach you to spread the biscuits out. :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

First time I didn't do much cos all my hobbies were too painful :( (Knitting, crochet, sewing, cross stitch, baking)

Second time I was in rehab so mainly just did rehab!!

Pretty sure we are going to have a third lockdown after New Year. No politician has been brave enough to say it yet, but pretty sure given the numbers - and the fact that tourists have been allowed wherever TF they want over Christmas. Yeah yeah we've had a curfew (who knew I'd be around to see a country with a curfew ?? :o ) but there are a lot of people out here during the daytime :roll:

Soooo - next time round -

I reckon I can get back to sewing again. I have some projects that have been under the bed/sofa for a few years due to lack of ability. So that will be good. Maybe finish some cross stitch

Might learn some more fancy types of crochet

Definitely have a go at knitting in cable stitch :D

And hopefully learn to use yeast in baking without it going flaaaaaaaaaaaat !!!

Depending on the rules surrounding it (if it happens) then I will attempt to increase my walking uphill ability to get me to the top of a mountain here!! That's been on the list for years but it seems my arm can cope better now, so will actually try it - when the grockles have gone!!

Just hoping that the next lockdown will still allow physios to operate as without the physio my rehab will be seriously slowed down :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Thought for Today

The Radio saws up God in
four minute, 45 second chunks
With some music and a voice
More solemn than the dawn.

Men from high rise flats
float down, if the lift is working,
or walk: much thought
is given to the prelates warning.

When you use machines, or kill
your chickens, farming,