What have you booked that's now cancelled or likely to be?

What's happening in the world, the news, the current hot topics of the day.
Dodgy knees

Re: What have you booked that's now cancelled or likely to be?

Post by Dodgy knees »

Pretty sure UK overnighters will be allowed by mid july. Think my Whitby week July/August should be good. Get yourselves a UK holiday booked sap. Gonna be booming. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3

WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

weeksy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:52 am
Nidge wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:50 am
I wonder if there's a possibility that the corridor from UK to France being officially open means they will be able to say France is open to the UK therefore it's not a Force Majeure situation?)
I think that's qhat Euro Tunnel are playing it as "we're still open but you can transfer it"

I had the same with Holiday Inn express for a trip with the boys in June... "no refund as we're open".

Well, sort of yes... GRRRR.
Our experience if it’s any help! We’ve rebooked all of our France June trip to 2021. Eurotunnel has issued a credit that can be used against any future booking made within a year of the date of the first booking. We booked all our overnight stops through booking.com and all of those bookings are fully paid and moved to next year. Gites de France has rebooked us for the equivalent weeks next year and used our deposit payment towards the new dates. All in all everyone was really helpful and we weren’t fussed about getting all our money back as firms are having enough difficulties as it is. As someone else said, it’s worth transferring to a date a long way off as it’s something to look forward to!!
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P

A_morti

Post by A_morti »

Last week was meant to be mum_ and dad_morti coming to visit us in Malta to mind mini _morti, while mrs_morti and I buggered off on a week's cruise from Malta to Croatia and back to Malta via Venice.

Well, that's a big nope, then.

irie

Post by irie »

Pete Tong in Brighton 1st December rescheduled to same date in 2021 :thumbdown:
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno