Jonathon Rea.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 988 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Jonathon Rea.

Post by Yorick »

The moaning brigade are out again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55157976

If he'd been MotoGP champ, then he should get the vote. But he won the B championship. Some would even put Moto2 above WSB.

If Lewis Hamilton had been F2 champ 6 times, would anyone care?

He's not the best UK rider, so I don't get it.

Fogarty played the big fish in small pond for years. Take the big cash and plaudits while avoiding the top riders.


Incoming ;)
User avatar
Bigyin
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Bigyin »

He was nominated 3 years ago and came second to Mo Farah. Since then he has won the next 3 championships so its understandable for the question to be asked by the Irish why he has been missed off the list having broken the records when the F1 driver from Stevenage gets nominated every year. You have to remember that the Irish pay a lot more attention to bike racing than the mainland does so their riders have a higher profile among the general public.

Looking at the 6 i dont even know who 2 of them are (jockey and batter) and Hamilton is always on the list. From the rest we have a boxer who says he doesnt want to be on the list, a snooker player with a dubious past involving the porn trade and tax avoidance and the Liverpool club captain as they finally won the League.

Not exactly a shining light of personalities ...... I mean Andy Murray won it three fucking times ffs :D
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 988 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 pm ... I mean Andy Murray won it three fucking times ffs :D
And he's a Sweaty :mrgreen:
User avatar
Bigyin
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Bigyin wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 pm ... I mean Andy Murray won it three fucking times ffs :D
And he's the most miserable Sweaty on the planet :mrgreen:
fixed that for you :thumbup:
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 988 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:38 pm
Yorick wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 pm
Bigyin wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 pm ... I mean Andy Murray won it three fucking times ffs :D
And he's the most miserable Sweaty on the planet :mrgreen:
fixed that for you :thumbup:
Not like you to be funny ;)
User avatar
McNab
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:07 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by McNab »

I think there's even less interest in WSB now than there was 3 year ago.
Bigjawa
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm
Location: Burnside, Co. Antrim
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Bigjawa »

Major difference between Foggy and Rea, and I hate to say it as Foggy is a wanker, but Foggy could ride anything, anywhere. I don't think JR could be at home on the IOM as Foggy was. Both were fortunate in that WSB they both had excellent bikes.

As for Hamilton, he's the BBC's dream winner, he ticks every woke box. But he has zero personality ironically.
User avatar
Yorick
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:20 pm
Location: Paradise
Has thanked: 988 times
Been thanked: 985 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Yorick »

Bigjawa wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:02 pm Major difference between Foggy and Rea, and I hate to say it as Foggy is a wanker, but Foggy could ride anything, anywhere. I don't think JR could be at home on the IOM as Foggy was. Both were fortunate in that WSB they both had excellent bikes.

As for Hamilton, he's the BBC's dream winner, he ticks every woke box. But he has zero personality ironically.
I'd say 90% of the UK population have heard of Hamilton. Same as for Barry Sheene.
I'd bet less than 5% have heard of Johnny Rea.
Bigjawa
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm
Location: Burnside, Co. Antrim
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Jonathon Rea.

Post by Bigjawa »

Yorick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:59 pm
Bigjawa wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:02 pm Major difference between Foggy and Rea, and I hate to say it as Foggy is a wanker, but Foggy could ride anything, anywhere. I don't think JR could be at home on the IOM as Foggy was. Both were fortunate in that WSB they both had excellent bikes.

As for Hamilton, he's the BBC's dream winner, he ticks every woke box. But he has zero personality ironically.
I'd say 90% of the UK population have heard of Hamilton. Same as for Barry Sheene.
I'd bet less than 5% have heard of Johnny Rea.
I'd bet less than 1% have heard of the horse woman, as it is, I'd only heard of Hamilton, Fury (who wants no part of it anyway) and the snooker bloke.