Covid restrictions - are you adhering or not?

Current affairs, Politics, News.

Have you been sticking rigidly to the rules, with no ifs, buts, or conditions?

Yes, I've followed to the letter.
41%
Kind of, I'm being sensible and reducing contact with people.
58%
No, I'm carrying on regardless
1%

Total votes: 76

Supermofo

Re: Covid restrictions - are you adhering or not?

Post by Supermofo »

I went to a kids train set play place yesterday and then Duxford.

Train place I'd say about half were wearing masks but of those almost half had them around their chins? Not sure I understand this.

Duxford I'd say 2/3rds in masks worn properly.

I wore a mask inside as from what I've read it can help others and I don't find it that bad. What did I think of the non mask wearers? Nothing really their choice and they don't need to so that's fine with me.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I found myself without a mask outside Sainsbury's the other day. Looked to the customer service to see if they might have some but nobody to be seen. With wild abandon I proceeded to pick up a few bits, sans masque, feeling quite the rogue. I did get shot a look and a tut by somebody as I shopped, but, well, tough titties, love.
Tart 1b - robbed of first place by the Mockney Geezer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 am I found myself without a mask outside Sainsbury's the other day. Looked to the customer service to see if they might have some but nobody to be seen. With wild abandon I proceeded to pick up a few bits, sans masque, feeling quite the rogue. I did get shot a look and a tut by somebody as I shopped, but, well, tough titties, love.
Your medal is in the post.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Gremlin, in mask?

I really won't mind if you explain things for me.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I say! Yes!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:18 pm
gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 am I found myself without a mask outside Sainsbury's the other day. Looked to the customer service to see if they might have some but nobody to be seen. With wild abandon I proceeded to pick up a few bits, sans masque, feeling quite the rogue. I did get shot a look and a tut by somebody as I shopped, but, well, tough titties, love.
Very kind.

Quite in keeping with my 'Keep calm and carry on' attitude. Unlike the super-nervous, Coronanoia sufferers who will blight our daily lives for years to come. Mark my words.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

If you're worried about other people not wearing a mask, why not wear two, one to protect yourself and another to protect you from other people?
The fat cheese is hard to please
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:42 pm
Very kind.

Quite in keeping with my 'Keep calm and carry on' attitude.
Oh, I would have done the same if, in my forgetful years, I'd forgotten to have a mask with me.
I probably wouldn't go trolling for hero points about it though.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:01 pm [
Oh, I would have done the same if, in my forgetful years, I'd forgotten to have a mask with me.
I probably wouldn't go trolling for hero points about it though.
You, my friend, are my new fucking role model. :clap:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Very kind.

Quite in keeping with my 'Keep calm and carry on' attitude. Unlike the super-nervous, Coronanoia sufferers who will blight our daily lives for years to come. Mark my words.
You seem rather keen to demonise others who don't agree with your opinion on covid measures. Not like you normally and more what I'd expect from US presidents or woke campaigners.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:10 pm
Very kind.

You seem rather keen to demonise others who don't agree with your opinion on covid measures. Not like you normally and more what I'd expect from US presidents or woke campaigners.
You're probably right, but sarcasm is oft met with the same.

I'll rein it in.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Jody wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 am Do you actually find it difficult to wear a mask though? Or are you just very happy that your condition/s exempt you?
I have severely diminished lung function from a bout of pneumonia. Sometimes I get out of breath just making a sandwich or standing at the sink doing washing up. That's why I no longer do paint prep that requires a face mask to prevent breathing body filler dust etc.
My idiot doctor who never listens to a fucking word I say keeps trying to put me on a med that I'm deathly allergic to...I literally have to remind him EVERY time I see him.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Supermofo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am I went to a kids train set play place yesterday and then Duxford.

Train place I'd say about half were wearing masks but of those almost half had them around their chins? Not sure I understand this.

I wore a mask inside as from what I've read it can help others and I don't find it that bad. What did I think of the non mask wearers? Nothing really their choice and they don't need to so that's fine with me.
*IF* you have tested positive... in which case, aren't you supposed to quarantine?
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:39 pm
Supermofo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am I went to a kids train set play place yesterday and then Duxford.

*IF* you have tested positive... in which case, aren't you supposed to quarantine?
:lol:

What planet are you from? I'm double jabbed and to the best of my knowledge covid free as of last Fri when I did my last test. However I may have it and not know and so to be helpful to others I'll take the precaution of wearing a mask.

You've made your position clear on masks and I quote
Nothing really their choice and they don't need to so that's fine with me.
However you seem to have a thing about people choosing to wear one, but that's your problem not mine :thumbup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:33 pm My idiot doctor who never listens to a fucking word I say keeps trying to put me on a med that I'm deathly allergic to...I literally have to remind him EVERY time I see him.
I have to ask, why don't you see a different doctor ?
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:00 pm I have to ask, why don't you see a different doctor ?
Basically because Obama was a clueless cunt & totally fucked up medical insurance. Hobson's...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Supermofo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:51 pm What planet are you from? I'm double jabbed and to the best of my knowledge covid free as of last Fri when I did my last test. However I may have it and not know and so to be helpful to others I'll take the precaution of wearing a mask.

You've made your position clear on masks and I quote
Nothing really their choice and they don't need to so that's fine with me.
However you seem to have a thing about people choosing to wear one, but that's your problem not mine :thumbup:
I'd have to struggle to give even less of a fuck about others wearing a mask... especially the ones who say "I'm going to wear mine every day from now on" They'd probably wear leg irons in case they suddenly went down with polio.
According to *science* (CDC, this week), the chances of someone who is vaccinated, tests positive AND passes it on to someone who isn't vaccinated is so minuscule that the CDC can't even come up with actual numbers, but millions to one was mentioned.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Why are so many still being tested positive in the UK then?
irie

Post by irie »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:09 pm Why are so many still being tested positive in the UK then?
It would be interesting to know the age distribution of infectees.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:09 pm Why are so many still being tested positive in the UK then?
Does it matter if people aren't going into hospital or dying in large numbers, being vaccinated doesn't stop you catching it, it's supposed to prevent you being badly effected by it because your body knows how to react to the infection.
The fat cheese is hard to please