Bye bye BBC

Current affairs, Politics, News.
DEADPOOL

Bye bye BBC

Post by DEADPOOL »

Finally lost it with the Beeb who at least used to appear impartial, now there is no longer even a pretence. They just mirror everything you can find on all of the regular social medias. And if I am looking for "entertainment" I don't need to be force fed "the new normal", the old normal was good enough for me. Men were men, news was fact based and entertainment was entertaining.

I think the writing is on the wall anyway, why bother paying them before they inevitably collapse under the weight of their own propaganda....
Yorick

Re: Bye bye BBC

Post by Yorick »

Oh God. Another moaning thread.

Try motorbikes...
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I don't watch it anymore, since it became the North London Broadcasting Company, it only employs people from a small gene pool who all have similar opinions, even the BBC local news program is now a joke, with them clearly being told what to show by the North London mafia.
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:29 pm Oh God. Another moaning thread.

Try motorbikes...
Tricky one... it could go OK, it could turn to shit...

I'm going out cycing...

There's plenty of Mods...

You decide :)
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Try motorbikes...
It's not a moan it is a cause for celebration. Now I can get Sky and watch MotoGP.

All I get from the BBC is The Great British Bake Off. No, wait...

WTF do I get for my money?
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Try motorbikes...
It's not a moan it is a cause for celebration. Now I can get Sky and watch MotoGP.

You’ll need a subscription to BT Sport as well as Sky then!! Just a little (a lot) more to pay than the licence fee for the beeb?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

DEADPOOL wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Try motorbikes...

Maybe subscribe to here?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Nordboy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:46 pm You’ll need a subscription to BT Sport as well as Sky then!! Just a little (a lot) more to pay than the licence fee for the beeb?
True, but he's getting to watch what he wants and paying for it is his choice, you have to pay the license fee if you own a television whether you like what's on the BBC or not.
Honda Owner
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Nordboy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:46 pm You’ll need a subscription to BT Sport as well as Sky then!! Just a little (a lot) more to pay than the licence fee for the beeb?
Damn. Foiled again. OK that one too. Where's F1 now?
inewham wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm But what about strictly :wtf:
Exactly. What about it. Too many brain dead programs about people who can't do something, doing it anyway.

It can work and it has worked with TGBBO but unimaginative copy cat format based programs are of no interest to me.

I'm going to pitch a program idea: pick a random internet forum and lock all the members in a room. Call it The Great British Fake Off, Strictly Come Prancing, it's a cross between Love Island and MMA.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I don't like being forced to pay for it and it BMP when I think about it. :evil: It's an out of date model and they should be made to move to a subscription based service, where its content will be judged and steered by it's subscribers. Ironically, I'd probably buy the basic subscription! :roll: :D
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Try motorbikes...
You're right. Motorbikes are shit as well. :(
Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
Taff

Post by Taff »

I can't believe that anyone couldn't find something that they like on iPlayer or BBC Sounds.

The OP just sounds like..

"I tried Indian food and I dont like it, If Chicken Tikka is all that they've got then I'm not going there" :crazy:
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

Taff wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:01 pm I can't believe that anyone couldn't find something that they like on iPlayer or BBC Sounds.

"I tried Indian food and I dont like it, If Chicken Tikka is all that they've got then I'm not going there" :crazy:
I couldn't agree more. Life on Earth, HIGNFY and err..

Uhm.

Well, whatever, I'm sure there's something but one thing is for sure, it's not BBC news. Besides, like I said, the writing is on the wall. I don't see the license fee lasting a year or more from to date (though there may be a transition period). I could easily not watch any of it. If I hear one more self important, self opinionated celebrity "news" reader give me their personal take on events and refuse to provide both sides of a story, I'm going to need a brick proof TV.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:56 pm
Taff wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:01 pm I can't believe that anyone couldn't find something that they like on iPlayer or BBC Sounds.

I couldn't agree more. Life on Earth, HIGNFY and err..

Uhm.

Well, whatever, I'm sure there's something but one thing is for sure, it's not BBC news. Besides, like I said, the writing is on the wall. I don't see the license fee lasting a year or more from to date (though there may be a transition period). I could easily not watch any of it. If I hear one more self important, self opinionated celebrity "news" reader give me their personal take on events and refuse to provide both sides of a story, I'm going to need a brick proof TV.
I don't like MTV, or ITVbe, or the Cardashians, or the Love Island stuff, so i don't watch it...
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

weeksy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:00 pm I don't like MTV, or ITVbe, or the Cardashians, or the Love Island stuff, so i don't watch it...
Nor does the government insist you pay for it.

The future of television is online. YouTube/Google pretty much has it in the bag. That's basically part of the problem.

YouTube/Google is one single commercial entity with one single political agenda. That in itself is an enormously powerful driving force for popular opinion. It is not healthy for a society to have personal opinions presented as fact. The facts can easily speak for themselves; not if they are airbrushed from history or hidden from public view.
moth

Post by moth »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:07 pm

YouTube/Google is one single commercial entity with one single political agenda. That in itself is an enormously powerful driving force for popular opinion. It is not healthy for a society to have personal opinions presented as fact. The facts can easily speak for themselves; not if they are airbrushed from history or hidden from public view.
And YouTube/Google is overflowing with personal opinions presented as fact.

Only an idiot believes alternative news is any less biased than the mainstream.

At least the BBC utters much less specious bollocks than QAnon and its ilk.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
DEADPOOL

Post by DEADPOOL »

moth wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Yes! Yes it is!

But crucially, you can see BOTH SIDES of a story and make your own mind up based on the preponderance of evidence.

You then unfortunately run into BOTH extremes, neither of which is defensible nor is it easily avoidable on YouTube. The mainstream media do your thinking for you though and only present one side which supports their narrative without having to admit a fringe element even exists.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Thats nowt to do with the BBC and everything to do with the viewer. You yourself showed a complete lack of scepticism when looking into the potential for Biden committing fraud for example, a 30s Google was all it took to prove some things.

Media has always spouted opinion as fact, going back 100s of years. All that is required is scepticism.
moth

Post by moth »

DEADPOOL wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:29 pm
moth wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Yes! Yes it is!

But crucially, you can see BOTH SIDES of a story and make your own mind up based on the preponderance of evidence.

You then unfortunately run into BOTH extremes, neither of which is defensible nor is it easily avoidable on YouTube. The mainstream media do your thinking for you though and only present one side which supports their narrative without having to admit a fringe element even exists.

Can you spell 'dichotomies'? Because your posts are full of them.
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

The mainstream media have been giving disproportionate airtime to nonsense for a while now.
Personally I don't want to watch News edited by cranks and conspiracists.