Solved PayPal login problem

cheb

Solved PayPal login problem

Post by cheb »

This may or may not be useful to anyone but me.

My secondary PP account has been locked since February as I couldn't confirm either my telephone number (PAYG that had time expired) nor my payment method (I closed the CC account). As there was a positive balance from sales I could still use it to pay for purchases on the Ebay account linked to it but couldn't log in.

The problem came when I needed to dispute some direct debits made by Paypal from the linked bank account. As I couldn't log in I couldn't dispute them. Phoning them took you all the way through the menu to a recorded message about them not being able to answer the call right now, please try again later. To get that far involved pressing the # key repeatedly in answer to each security question, the ones about the phone and credit card numbers.

Today I started to buy a new brake lever on Ebay, an account not linked to this PP account. As I tried to login to the locked account this morning, just to show keenness you understand, that was the PP login that came up. I entered my password and it let me in to a bare bones 'Send money page'. Clicking the a link at the bottom of the page, probably 'Contact us' I can't remember, got me to a full page with 'Account options' at the top.

From there I was able to change and confirm the payment card details and the phone number. I'm not certain this is a complete cure as I've not tried logging out and back in yet. I have started the dispute though.
cheb

Re: Solved PayPal login problem

Post by cheb »

Semi success. I can't log in in the normal way.
cheb

Post by cheb »

They recognise the new phone number and card details, I get a different menu when I ring them.

I'm getting closer.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I've managed to log back in but I had reset my password despite not having forgotten it.
cheb

Post by cheb »

I will, but I want to dispute £75 of direct debits not made by me but taken from my account. I invoked the DD guarantee, the bank refunded me, talked to PP, and then re debited the money.

Then they did it again 3 months later I've been arguing with the bank for the last few days and they will refund the incorrect second transaction. And give me £50 compo for my trouble increased from £30 after I told them it took two trips to the branch after being given the run around of their telephone departments.

Once I've sorted PP both accounts, PP and bank, will be closed, as will any cards associated with them.

Unpleasant bloody minded determination at not taking no for an answer made me the debt collector I was. A very good one.
cheb

Post by cheb »

That's its all sorted. Login is back to normal and all monies accounted for.

The embarrassing part is that it was my mistake. I'd noted down which credit card and which bank account went with which Ebay account but had set them up differently IRL. What I thought were incorrect transactions weren't. Oops.

I'm still £50 up in compo from the ban k though :clap: If I had any morals I'd donate it to a good cause.