A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: A right now thread

Post by Taipan »

Cooking sausages and baking rolls for them to go in, as per my daughters request for her birthday breakfast, whilst wondering HTF she is 22.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:51 am Sat in the hospital car park :(

Took Mrs Y to the private hozzy, but they aren't allowing accompanying persons. So kicked me out.
No shade so it's a bit warm in the car.
No idea of how long she'll be.

But got Planet Rock on :)
That wasn't too bad. In and out in 40 minutes including blood tests.
The private system here is slicker than the state system, once you get used to it ;)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm sitting here eating pizza!! Not a regular occurrence and better cos I bought one in the supermarket and added more cheese before cooking! :D
formula400

Post by formula400 »

looking through the forum and got this playing

Street triple R
tricol

Post by tricol »

Back to work after 6 days off from a long Easter weekend. Sitting in my home office trying to find motivation to get work done. Absolutely exhausted after a weekend of looking after a brand new puppy that my girlfriend got. Her idea, not mine. And wondering how I've ended up here with it.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

tricol wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 am Back to work after 6 days off from a long Easter weekend. Sitting in my home office trying to find motivation to get work done. Absolutely exhausted after a weekend of looking after a brand new puppy that my girlfriend got. Her idea, not mine. And wondering how I've ended up here with it.
Are you left looking after it and trying to wfh, that doesn't sound good at all. :(
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

tricol wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 am Back to work after 6 days off from a long Easter weekend. Sitting in my home office trying to find motivation to get work done. Absolutely exhausted after a weekend of looking after a brand new puppy that my girlfriend got. Her idea, not mine. And wondering how I've ended up here with it.
HA!

Many years ago I fell for the oft-repeated mantra of, 'Can we get a puppy? I promise I'll walk it every day! I will look after it! I promise!!'

I think I can count on one hand the times she's taken said stupid mutt out for a walk. :lol:

Wouldn't be without her, though....
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:42 am
HA!

Many years ago I fell for the oft-repeated mantra of, 'Can we get a puppy? I promise I'll walk it every day! I will look after it! I promise!!'

I think I can count on one hand the times she's taken said stupid mutt out for a walk. :lol:

Daughter or puppy?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Them? ;)
You don't have to believe everything you think
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:03 am
HA!

Daughter or puppy?
I'm saying nowt.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am
Yorick wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:03 am

HA!

Daughter or puppy?
I'm saying nowt.
I bet the dog eats less ;) :banana-dance:
tricol

Post by tricol »

Mussels wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:40 am
Are you left looking after it and trying to wfh, that doesn't sound good at all. :(
No, she is looking after it atm. She is off for another week and a half. It's a long story, no point putting it all here. Suddenly trapped in for the next 6-12 months. Of course I feel a duty of care to look after the dog too.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Puppies :banana-dance:

Just saying "puppies" makes me happy :banana-dance:

I wouldn't take one if you paid me for it - the anxiety of looking after a single houseplant is nearly more than I can bear :banana-dance:

If I ever find out who it is hanging dog pooh bags from trees I'm going to wait until they are asleep and put it in their shoes :banana-dance:

I feel like that should have rhymed. Must try harder.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter

Post by Potter »

Sat nursing a banging headache.
Apparently the world is back to normal and I went to a formal dinner last night, I'd been putting it off as long as possible but I couldn't really keep saying no without risking offending the people inviting me.
Along with my four course dinner I had one glass of beer and one glass of wine, I was home before midnight and it's wiped me out, I'm used to being in my PJs and getting in bed at 9pm.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Fish butties in the old harbour. Washed down by a couple of cold 'uns :)

Then home for our afternoon nap. Then have me tea and head down t'pub to watch t'footy .

Another hard day

20210408_145526.jpg
20210408_145526.jpg (583.3 KiB) Viewed 136 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm Fish butties in the old harbour. Washed down by a couple of cold 'uns :)

Then home for our afternoon nap. Then have me tea and head down t'pub to watch t'footy .

Another hard day

20210408_145526.jpg
Do you miss Bradford much?

:lol:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sitting on my 'sofa' putting off de-badgering my hair!!

I do have stuff to work out as am considering/planning to change how the sofa works so I can have a table to work at/have people round to eat at

But really the hair is important - just a total faff. But, I have to be somewhere on Saturday and would prefer not to be pink-badger-like then!! LOL Really must stop procrastinating!! :lol: :lol:
David

Post by David »

I used to procrastinate a lot, but lately I don't have the energy.....
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

David wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:40 pm I used to procrastinate a lot, but lately I don't have the energy.....
Apparently I used to cherry pick!! But I don't think the options here warrant that description!! LOL