What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by gremlin »

Happened to make a comment to the Gremlinette that she was 'filling out in the face a little'.

Making this comment to a pre-menstrual teenage girl is, apparently, not the best of ideas if you want to avoid tears and being in the 'Dad Dog-House'..... :think:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am Happened to make a comment to the Gremlinette that she was 'filling out in the face a little'.

Making this comment to a pre-menstrual teenage girl is, apparently, not the best of ideas if you want to avoid tears and being in the 'Dad Dog-House'..... :think:

Bloody hell Gremlin!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Never never comment on physical shape to a girl until she's old enough to answer back without getting upset!!! :o :roll:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Noggin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am
gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am Happened to make a comment to the Gremlinette that she was 'filling out in the face a little'.

Never never comment on physical shape to a girl :o :roll:
Edited for accuracy
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

That is serious lapse of judgement. In my house, with my sixteen year old hormally charged daughter, it is better to just douse myself in petrol and set myself alight. In the long run it is less painful, less damage to both her esteem and so on and my wife would just feed me through a mincer with no anaesthetic any how....

oooohhh. I cringed reading that.
2 Kings 9:20
So the watchman reported, saying, “He went up to them and is not coming back; and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he drives furiously!”
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am

Never never comment on physical shape to a girl until she's old enough to answer back without getting upset!!! :o :roll:
I've seen that family eat !
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Back on track, I took wife to work, then collected my ordination friend to take her to the station for her retreat (ordained on Saturday in Southwark Cathedral) then back home to take daugher to college and then back to strip, clean and regrease the lower dogbone suspension bits. This afternoon is take cassock to the seamstress for a slight adjustment to the hem, and then collect wife and take her and daughter to town, then I go and do evening prayer and funeral preparations with a family. Evening sees me take bike out to meet my Spiritual director for the first time face to face in six months. A long day, but a good one.
2 Kings 9:20
So the watchman reported, saying, “He went up to them and is not coming back; and the driving is like the driving of Jehu the son of Nimshi, for he drives furiously!”
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Took the dB killers out the ZH2's Akrapovic, that was a bit of a mission to get to them and required a manly rivet gun to redo the stainless rivets.

Then it was the "easy" job of fitting the crash bungs. Apart from the springy steel frame moving slightly as the first bolt came out resulting in a block and frame misalignment.....happy days. Sorted out by putting a trolley jack under the engine and a block of wood under the gene cover and then pulling down on the bar which allowed everything to line up and the bolt to go in without chewing the thread in the block. The three other bolts were all fine.

Still, all done now and sounding great, pleasant burble on tick over (as in noisy but not like a Lancaster bomber was landing on your house which the pipes on the KTM sounded like).
I'm just a Raptor Driver.
hawker

Post by hawker »

Today Ihave enjoyed being at home again after discharge from hospital having a plate put in my left forearm. The original cast was not holding the bones in place so they upped the treatment to surgery. It was, I'm told, more complex than expected but still went ell. No matter that though, it is many times more painful after the surgery than the original fracture was so am well stocked with pain relief for it.
Being a keen cyclist I asked what the plate was made of? Stainless steel of course, and they laughed at me when I said that I had hoped for a titanium plate to be stronger and lighter! Every gram counts when racing!! They thought I was joking!! :silent: Never mind, as long as it holds it together for long enough it will do!
At least I didn't ask for carbon fibre! :roll:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

hawker wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 pm Today Ihave enjoyed being at home again after discharge from hospital having a plate put in my left forearm. The original cast was not holding the bones in place so they upped the treatment to surgery. It was, I'm told, more complex than expected but still went ell. No matter that though, it is many times more painful after the surgery than the original fracture was so am well stocked with pain relief for it.
Being a keen cyclist I asked what the plate was made of? Stainless steel of course, and they laughed at me when I said that I had hoped for a titanium plate to be stronger and lighter! Every gram counts when racing!! They thought I was joking!! :silent: Never mind, as long as it holds it together for long enough it will do!
At least I didn't ask for carbon fibre! :roll:
what happened there ?
hawker

Post by hawker »

Hi Weeksy. As you know I sustained the severe head injury in 2012 and was warned about delayed effects. Well, in short, we think I blacked out at home because I somehow broke my left forearm and bruised my backside, probably from landing! I have no recollection of what happened an my wife was out. When she got home, saw my pain my swollen and deformed arm, the nurse in her took over and took me off to A & E.XS rays showed the fracture I had a cast for 12 days but at my check-up the bone-ends at the fracture site were distracting, meaning moving apart so they changed their plan to inserting a plate which they did last Sunday. I am off to my post-op check this minute so back later!
Cheers.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

hawker wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:17 am Hi Weeksy. As you know I sustained the severe head injury in 2012 and was warned about delayed effects. Well, in short, we think I blacked out at home because I somehow broke my left forearm and bruised my backside, probably from landing! I have no recollection of what happened an my wife was out. When she got home, saw my pain my swollen and deformed arm, the nurse in her took over and took me off to A & E.XS rays showed the fracture I had a cast for 12 days but at my check-up the bone-ends at the fracture site were distracting, meaning moving apart so they changed their plan to inserting a plate which they did last Sunday. I am off to my post-op check this minute so back later!
Cheers.
Ah bollox matey. I feel your pain as i'm in plaster currently too.
hawker

Post by hawker »

Hello again mate! The doctor was quite happy with how my arm looks but the wound has come open a bit which poses a major risk of infection at the site of the plate. They closed the hole as best as they could but it isn't pretty!! I have a new cast and will be checked again in 7 days. It still sodding well hurts a lot!! I cannot even train on my turbo for the time being so am very frustrated about my bike! :| Is it a winter rest period ? I'll catch up later I expect!
Cheers...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

hawker wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:58 pm Hello again mate! The doctor was quite happy with how my arm looks but the wound has come open a bit which poses a major risk of infection at the site of the plate. They closed the hole as best as they could but it isn't pretty!! I have a new cast and will be checked again in 7 days. It still sodding well hurts a lot!! I cannot even train on my turbo for the time being so am very frustrated about my bike! :| Is it a winter rest period ? I'll catch up later I expect!
Cheers...
I'm lucky in the fact I can actually ride both indoors and out. Not brilliantly but ok enough on the road.

However I'm 3 weeks in tomorrow, 2 weeks with new plaster and I'm losing my shit. I can't see me making the distance. I'll happily brace it, but every now and again I just want a decent wash, a relax, I dunno, just some fresh air on it
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Nothing special. Just a quiet ride with the missus
IMG-20200917-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200917-WA0012.jpg (215.91 KiB) Viewed 91 times
IMG-20200917-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200917-WA0007.jpg (191.8 KiB) Viewed 91 times
IMG-20200917-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20200917-WA0011.jpg (235.05 KiB) Viewed 91 times
IMG-20200917-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20200917-WA0010.jpg (200.76 KiB) Viewed 91 times
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Driving my personal Covid incubator about.....

"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Driving down the hill to LAX with a quick side trip to VNY, then back up the hill.
Those who possess real knowledge are rare.

Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still.

The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:39 pm Driving down the hill to LAX with a quick side trip to VNY, then back up the hill.
Any hints ?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Certainly not Dan Brown's style of writing.
inewham

Post by inewham »

Airports?