KTM Super Duke GT

Slenver

KTM Super Duke GT

Post by Slenver »

7,800 miles, full KTM service history. Literally just serviced (30 miles ago) and new battery.

Has the various software cost options (Hill hold, quick shifter, MSR) and every conceivable R&G protector! (Sliders, rad protector, various case protectors etc) front/read fender extenders and KTM handguards.

Givi V47 topbox and paddock stand included, as well as Garmin Zumo mount wired in. Zumo 595 available separately.

All other details on eBay ad

£9,999.
Slenver

Re: KTM Super Duke GT

Post by Slenver »

Still available, £9,500 and some photos.

Last edited by Slenver on Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I think it's just me, but all KTMs look the same to me and couldn't identify any of them :(
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I think that's epic! Love it.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:23 pm I think that's epic! Love it.
It's a great bike, to be honest. As a one-bike-fits-all it's superb - 170 bhp, trackable handling, 300-mile range, loads of storage, comfortable and laden with toys and luxuries.

I bought it as a long-ish distance sporty commuter and I can't think of much else that would've been as good. But I don't commute any more and fancy a change - probably something small & light I guess.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

If I win loads on the lottery tomorrow night, I'll send a message!! I 'need' a UK bike :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Noggin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm If I win loads on the lottery tomorrow night, I'll send a message!! I 'need' a UK bike :lol:
My fingers are crossed for you :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Slenver wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:11 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm If I win loads on the lottery tomorrow night, I'll send a message!! I 'need' a UK bike :lol:
My fingers are crossed for you :)
:lol: :lol: Mine too!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Damn fine cycle man.i have no clue on KIM prices,but surely anyone on the market for such a bike wouldn't walk by that one for any other reason.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Skub wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 pm Damn fine cycle man.i have no clue on KIM prices,but surely anyone on the market for such a bike wouldn't walk by that one for any other reason.
TBH, if I don't sell it I won't be that upset. I just wouldn't choose something so big if I was looking now unless I wanted to do big miles, which I don't really any more. Plus I fancy a change of course.

But... since the last service and a big software update, the handling was completely transformed and I've only ridden it the 30 miles home from the garage since then :) Looking forward to some warmer weather, take the top box off and maybe I'll fall in love with it again :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Slenver wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 pm
Skub wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:23 pm Damn fine cycle man.i have no clue on KIM prices,but surely anyone on the market for such a bike wouldn't walk by that one for any other reason.
TBH, if I don't sell it I won't be that upset. I just wouldn't choose something so big if I was looking now unless I wanted to do big miles, which I don't really any more. Plus I fancy a change of course.

But... since the last service and a big software update, the handling was completely transformed and I've only ridden it the 30 miles home from the garage since then :) Looking forward to some warmer weather, take the top box off and maybe I'll fall in love with it again :)
Yeah they are big beasts for sure.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:28 pm
Slenver wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 pm

Yeah they are big beasts for sure.
Yep. Not necessarily that bad a thing, but I'm tempted by something like a Street Triple next - something very different in scale.

The funny thing is that when I first tried the SDGT it was straight after testing a Super Adventure for an hour or so, and the SDGT seemed suddenly tiny and light. When I went back for the last service, I took out a non-GT SuperDuke for a bit and that felt very much like a lighter and more flickable GT - no surprise really.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:22 pm I think it's just me, but all KTMs look the same to me and couldn't identify any of them :(
It's you!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Slenver wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 pm Looking forward to some warmer weather, take the top box off and maybe I'll fall in love with it again :)
Sometimes that's all it takes. The lockdown was a catalyst for change with me. My bike use had dwindled over the last couple of years,then suddenly to find I wasn't allowed to ride made me realise how much I wanted to.

Human nature,nothing if not contrary. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Skub wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:45 pm
Slenver wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 pm Looking forward to some warmer weather, take the top box off and maybe I'll fall in love with it again :)
Sometimes that's all it takes. The lockdown was a catalyst for change with me. My bike use had dwindled over the last couple of years,then suddenly to find I wasn't allowed to ride made me realise how much I wanted to.

Human nature,nothing if not contrary. :lol:
Aye. We'll see :)
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

Until lockdown I was also commuting on mine. They handle that without any issues and it's easy to ride them in a sensible manner.
However you need an occasional session of ringing its neck to make you appreciate what you're sitting on. Since last March all my miles have been for smiles. :thumbup:

With regards the software update on the suspension, you waited too long :lol: Mine was done over 18 months ago and a couple of days after it was done I set off for a Germany trip to give it a proper test. Total transformation of the bike! Mine would have gone by now without it.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

scottyuk wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:38 pm With regards the software update on the suspension, you waited too long :lol: Mine was done over 18 months ago and a couple of days after it was done I set off for a Germany trip to give it a proper test. Total transformation of the bike! Mine would have gone by now without it.
Yeah, it came out between services for me and I didn't even know about it, so had it done in September but for various reasons not used it at all since then.

Have to accept the fact that I've become a fair-weather rider now so will happily wait till it's nice again :)
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Still available btw, finally got round to advertising again after the winter :)

Link to eBay ad.
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Can't edit post for some reason, but correct/current eBay link here.