Green Laning !😜

All things dirty!! From tyres, to helmets, from GPS to map reading.
Couchy

Re: Green Laning !😜

Post by Couchy »

Waterproof off road boots with waterproof socks, waterproof gloves with heated grips or heated gloves. Waterproof textile gear with armour. There’s a theme with so much road work you don’t want to get cold and/or wet. Gets a bit warm sometimes but can live with that.
Dave@ERT

Post by Dave@ERT »

Tends to be my ‘ex road’ textiles getting recycled as off road gear for me ! Agree with the comments about staying warm and, hopefully, dry !👍 During the warmer months I still use old textile trousers but use a force field soft armour shirt with either a lightweight textile jacket, or just a lightweight fleece during the summer. I tend to use old motocross boots during the spring/summer/autumn....they’re more protective than adventure boots and aren’t waterproof....meaning the water can drain out after deep water crossings !?...I’m always torn between trying to keep my feet dry or, accepting that they’re gonna get wet but at least the water can get back out again !!??🤔
Dodgy knees

Post by Dodgy knees »

Can't find earlier thread but bought small fender bag for crf from mx24. As someone said, they move about a bit so wingnuts ordered. Half nuts under plate to keep bolts in place. Now much better fix and easily removed. 👍

Can you spot why they were half price.?

Last edited by Dodgy knees on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamaha rocket 3
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:50 pm Can't find earlier thread but bought small fender bag for crf from mx24. As someone said, they move about a bit so wingnuts ordered. Now much better fix and easily removed. 👍

Can you spot why they were half price.?

If I fit one of them, I couldn't get my boot over the seat.
Dodgy knees

Post by Dodgy knees »

Not too bad on this, its only 4/5 inch high. On my tracer, the held tail bag is a bit of a leg kick, rather than a swing, kung foo style. Quite a bit higher bag. 🙂
Yamaha rocket 3