Trump protests mmpp thread

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
weeksy
Site Admin

Trump protests mmpp thread

Post by weeksy »

So, I've locked the thread for tonight and deleted some posts. You guys may or may not agree with my course of action here, but frankly my dears, I don't give a damn.

You know the rules. I'm not getting into the who, why or what, simple fact is, the rules were broken and I've removed the posts.

If you need to discuss it, pm me, I'll respond.

Other than that, consider the matter closed.

The thread will reopen tomorrow.

Any more, the consequences will be a 7 days trip to the naughty step for all concerned.

Yes I know, it's an emotive subject and topic, yes I know it needs debating, sure, I'm all fine there. But by the rules or play somewhere else.
Pirahna

Re: Trump protests mmpp thread

Post by Pirahna »

Having had a few minutes to think about it, I think it makes sense to have some moderation on threads like this. General on TRC had become a not very nice place dominated by a few people, I'd hate to see that happen here.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:23 am Having had a few minutes to think about it, I think it makes sense to have some moderation on threads like this. General on TRC had become a not very nice place dominated by a few people, I'd hate to see that happen here.
I've said it before and just want to re-iterate a few things.

1. I don't WANT to moderate opinions, even if i don't like them. I want discussions and debates
2. Petty squabbling, bitchiness, sly digs and bitchy comments will NOT be tollerated.
3. It's OK to disagree on things, i have no issues at all with people being 100% opposites on subject, not at all.
4. This place is NOT TRC.. if you want TRC i suggest you bugger off somewhere else.... I don't care where, i don't care at all. What was acceptable on TRC isn't acceptable here.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

4. I must have missed the bit where I said I wanted TRC, but if you have pretty much the same user group you'll get pretty much the same forum no matter what you call it.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:16 am 4. I must have missed the bit where I said I wanted TRC, but if you have pretty much the same user group you'll get pretty much the same forum no matter what you call it.
It wasn't directed at you but to anyone.

I don't believe you will. I'm convinced this place is nicer and people are better to eachother in terms of attitude already.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I'm all for robust discussion, but as soon as someone resorts to personal insults, they should be taken out of the game.

And when someone makes it obvious they hate a person or political party, their opinion becomes null and void. They're just ramming their beliefs down your throat.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 am as soon as someone resorts to personal opiniond[sic], they should be taken out of the game.
Discussion without opinions?
Horse

Post by Horse »

I think he meant insults etc. It's a bit early in paradise ;)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 am I'm all for robust discussion, but as soon as someone resorts to personal insults, they should be taken out of the game.

And when someone makes it obvious they hate a person or political party, their opinion becomes null and void. They're just ramming their beliefs down your throat.
I disagree, beliefs are fine. Even if i think they're wrong and you think they're wrong. Telling me the earth is flat, i can live with. Calling me stupid because i don't think it's flat, that's where i draw the line.
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

We can find middle ground.

Parts of the Earth are flat.