Discussion within the US politics thread. Section closed. What to do with 'Current affairs/Politics' forum debate.

What can the Admins do to help, any requests for changes, updates, etc.
DefTrap

Re: Discussion within the US politics thread. Section closed. What to do with 'Current affairs/Politics' forum debate.

Post by DefTrap »

Meh. Delete it if you want, I even suggested you probably should.

And I've not insulted anyone directly and by name, so you're wrong to get the hump over it.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Discussion within the US politics thread. Section closed. What to do with 'Current affairs/Politics' forum debate.

Post by weeksy »

DefTrap wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:58 pm Meh. Delete it if you want, I even suggested you probably should.

And I've not insulted anyone directly and by name, so you're wrong to get the hump over it.
Give it a rest hey. I've had enough
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Might there be some virtue in all meeting up in real life for a fight?
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

There was a huge problem with the politics section.....what a surprise ?

I saw it a while ago, knew it was somewhere i would never post just going on all the bollocks on other forums and social media and people losing their shit over their personal opinions that they thought everyone else should agree with and then insult when they didnt

I only stumbled across this thread as i had a scan round the forum as the telly was crap and the missus was on night shift

If its causing you grief Weeksy, bin it off and let them go argue elsewhere
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Asian Boss wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm Might there be some virtue in all meeting up in real life for a fight?
Only jam tarts and custard pies allowed.
moth

Post by moth »

Skub wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 pm
Horse wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:19 pm Moth and I take the opportunity to post politely.....

Moth haz the politeness now? :shock:

I'm mellowing in me old age, you cocksucker :)
This is the bit at the bottom where people put an amusing aphorism. I couldn't be bothered :)
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Shame that it's come to this, the vast majority of the discussions there were without problem. Given that the world has been a bit mental over the past 4 years (Trump, Brexit, Covid) which naturally brings out some very polarized views, I think the section was bimbling along pretty well other than a couple of posters who had a knack of winding others up. Most of the posters in that section are old skool, right back from the days of VD and it would be a shame to lose them.
Trump's on his way out, Brexit is all but done and a vaccine is just round the corner, alot of that discussion is coming to it's natural end anyway.
BTW you missed a bit, it's ended up in Staying Alive.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1322
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Thank you for spotting it.

I agree 100% it's a shame. I/we are never going to please everyone and this place being different to trc may be it's demise, but may save it too.

I hope
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Asian Boss wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm Might there be some virtue in all meeting up in real life for a fight?
We* could sell the tickets. This time next year, Rodney, we'll* be millionaires. :D

When I say "we", I mean "I". ;)
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

weeksy wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:11 pm...

The politics section didn't once show me anything good, no one said "yeah that's a good and fair point, I'll change my mind"

That wasn't the point. It's never been the point of political discussion.

“That one can convince one’s opponents with printed reasons, I have not believed since the year 1764. It is not for that purpose that I have taken up my pen, but rather merely to annoy them, and to give strength and courage to those on our side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us.” G.C. Lichtenberg (1742 – 1799)